The Victorian Equine Reproduction Centre is the base for specialist equine reproductive services. Some of these include;
- Mare fertility evaluations
- Management of mares for breeding naturally or by artificial insemination.
- Artificial insemination with fresh, chilled or frozen semen including deep-uterine, low dose insemination techniques.
- Management of problem mares
- Reproductive surgery
- Embryo recovery and transfer
- Semen collection and evaluation for chilling and freezing.
- Stallion fertility evaluations
- Emergency foaling assistance
- Examination and management of sick foals
- Evaluation of foal conformation, corrective shoeing
Some of these services can be accomplished on an “out-patient” basis, by appointment. Others require the mare/stallion to be agisted in our specialised and safe facilities.